New Year celebration-2019 isn’t going to be easy as Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has issued special instructions for it is happening right after the parliament election this year.
DMP voiced that, In the name of festivity, some people upbring violence and unwanted behaviors which are ethically, socially unacceptable for Bangladeshi civilization. To minimize amount of such incidents ans to keep the Info structure aligned, DMP banned all meet ups, social gatherings and parties on highways, streets, flyovers and rooftops.
The announced regulations are listed below,
- No meeting, gathering or celebration on rooftops, roads, flyovers or public place.
- No open air cultural program or function allowed.
- Fireworks not allowed at any place.
- Dhaka University will remain restricted for outsiders after 6:00pm.
- Teachers and other employees of Dhaka University residing in the residential area of Dhaka University can enter the university premises through Nilkhet and Shahbag crossing after showing their ID cards.
- People can enter Gulshan area through Kakoli crossing and Amtoli crossing, but after 6:00pm they have to show their ID cards.
- Apart from that DMP has discouraged people who live in other areas from entering Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara and Dhaka University area.
- After 6:00pm no one would be allowed to remain in Hatirjheel area.
- Residents of Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara are requested to return in their respective homes before 8:00pm on December 31.
- DMP will take measures to control narcotics. Bars would remain closed after 6:00pm.
- City dwellers are requested not to carry any licensed arms in public places on December 31 from 6:00pm to 6:00am of January 1.
Traffic diversion and suggestions:
As entry in Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara area will be restricted after 8.00pm, Civilians are requested to take Kamal Ataturk Avenue road or Amtali crossing. Avoid staying outside after 8.00pm in this particular area.
In same way, from 6.00pm till 6.00am of the following day, all entries through Shahbag crossing and Nilkhet crossing will be restricted except for Dhaka University students-teachers, officials and locals. All the vehicles should carry necessary papers for identification to enter this area.
Please dial given numbers for emergency traffic information:
ADC Traffic (North)- 01713373225
AC Traffic (Gulshan)- 01713398497
AC Traffic (Uttara)-01713398498
DC Traffic (South)- 01713373223
ADC Traffic (South)- 01713373224